Monday, November 14, 2011

40# PR on Back Squat and PR Cindy!

A couple days ago, I did Cindy with Dai, Christie and some friends at Fitness Town. I hadn't done Cindy in over a year and wanted to get 20 rounds. I was close and pr'd but didn't quite get there.

Score = 18 rounds + 9 reps

Today, I tested my 1RM in the back squat. My previous record was 265lbs. I thought 275 would be good but I hit it easily, so I went for 295. That went up slower but I still made it so I decided to try and break 300 and put on an extra 5# per side. 305 seemed like it took forever to go up but after about 3 full seconds in the concentric phase, I got it! Woo hoo! Hitting 300 was one of my goals I set for myself after the regionals, so it looks like I can cross that off!

Back Squat = 305

Thanks to Max and Lorne for the scream hype.

No comments: