Sunday, July 31, 2011

The 2011 Reebok Crossfit Games Recap


So the 2011 Reebok Crossfit Games are officially over! What did we learn this weekend? Here are some of my thoughts

- I predicted 4 out of the top 5 women and I was really close to putting Rebecca Voigt in 5th which would've made me 5 for 5. I predicted 2 of the top 5 men. I predicted both winners (Annie and Rich). I predicted that Crossfit New England would be one of the two teams that could possibly win. Bottom line - I'm the Nostradamous of Crossfit

- Too bad Mikko Salo was out so early. It was such a tragedy. For him to finish that first workout from having his eardrum blown out shows great courage. If he had competed, I don't think he could've beat Rich but he would definitely have top 5 potential.

- Big Congratulations to Crossfit Taranis (3rd place team) and Angie Pye (10th place women), for representing BC!

- Rich and Annie have a legitimate chance of repeating next year being the first 2 repeat champs. I haven't felt like this for the past winners ever.

- The only man who has a chance at giving Rich a run for his money is Josh Bridges. He is LEGIT. In fact, IMO, he was the most impressive this weekend.

- I thought the programming for this year's games was the best programming ever. It truly spanned broad time and modal domains. I felt that it truly represented the fittest man and women in the world. The only error they made was the softball throw, they should have put a shotput throw in place, it would have been a better representation of upper body power/core to extremity power. Softball throw was too biased to those with that skill already.

- I am already excited for next year!!!

No comments: